Splish,splash, Bath Time with Aquaman is coming. Read it while bathing—it's waterproof! Coming in January, 2019.
Ka-pow! It's a third girl-centric DC Comics activity book! Girl Power Brain Boosters is stuffed with word games, picture puzzles, and other mind-bending challenges. Coming in February, 2019.
• Our activity sheets feature projects and recipes from a selection of our titles. These super simple activities work just as well in stores and libraries as they do at home or in the classroom. Please contact us if you'd like us to customize an event sheet for your store or library.
• For our full list of titles in catalog form, feel free to download our catalog.
• Feminism starts at home—and My First Book of Feminism (for Boys) is where it begins! This timely board book tops the The New York Times "Twelve Books for Feminist Boys and Girls" list; as well as Brit + Co's "9 Inspiring Children’s Books for Raising a Feminist Son" list (also on Yahoo). Others who are loving this book include: The Children's Book Review, PyschCentral, Red Tricylce, Kveller, Baby Chick, Girl Talk HQ, and School Library Journal.
• Part field guide, part folklore, and ALL beautiful, The Magic of Unicorns is the unicorn treasury every imaginative child needs. BookRiot has it on their "50 Must-read Fantasy Books for Kids" list, while miniature masterminds says "we have been reading this book for about two weeks now every night." The Fairytale Traveler calls is "gorgeous."
• Two new DC Super Heroes "BIG BOOK" picture books are now available! The Big Book of Super Hero Bedtime Stories is on New Jersey Family's "15 Books to Jumpstart Their Love of Reading in 2019." And The Big Book of Super-Villains is perfect for "the fledgling 'Evil Genius'" says The Good Men Project. Under the Radar has it on their gift guide.
• Hipster baby book alert: Baby's First Eames is a whimsically illustrated board book offering a delightful A-to-Z overview of modern design icons for the toddler set. Baby's First Eames is has fans here in the U.S. and abroad—see House Beautiful (U.K.)'s review, author Julie Merberg's Q&A on apartment therapy, Young Architect's "15 Architect Books for Babies" list, and Architect Magazine's "Essential Reading."
• Our newest DC Super Heroes board book, Super Heroes Say Please, is getting some early kudos. From Under the Radar: "the book is recommended for ages 0–3, but having a five-year-old I've found that these are lessons that even older kids could do with being reminded of." Yes, please.
• My First Jewish Baby Book is fast becoming a must-have for any Jewish baby's nursery. With fresh illustrations and concise, funny entries, this board book makes a great gift. See Salty Canary and Cool Mom Pick's gift guides, and reviews from The Jewish Journal, San Diego Jewish World, and Deseret News.
• Rebel girls, young entrepreneurs, and other trailblazing tweens and teens (and adults) are loving our Girl CEO book. The School Library Journal has this colorful and informative 160-page book on their Teen Librarian Toolbox list, Brit + Co has a great feature about it, and both Adafruit Industries and Like a Boss Girls include it in their gift guides. Girl CEO's also highlighted on BookRiot's "new collective biographies" list.
• Blogs Major Spoilers, Outright Geekery, Lemon Stripes, and Nerdophiles are pysched about our girl power activity books, Girl Power Journal and Color Me Powerful. From Nerdophile: "Color Me Powerful helps girls put the things that make them special down on paper. It’s not just about imagining yourself as a superhero, but also about embracing your real-life talents." Color Me Powerful is on the PopInsider 2018 gift guide list—get your super-heroine one of these awesomely colorful and creative books now!
• GirlTalkHQ.com on our Girl Power books: "Downtown Bookworks in New York are doing their part to celebrate [Wonder Woman's] 75th anniversary and keep the conversation going about girl power in the younger generation." Read the full article here.
General Downtown Bookworks press
• comicsalliance.com: "Superhero publishers could learn a lot from Downtown Bookworks." Read full review here.
• A piece in Publishers Weekly about our licensing deal with PBS Kids, "PBS Heads Downtown."
• Check us out on New York Family (1/2/14).